Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mid Season Score Card

Well it's finally here. That time of year when all our favorite shows get, not rated - no, they've been doing that all along - but evaluated. If you want to see for yourself how all your favorite shows stand, just take a peek here:

http://www.tvline.com/2011/01/renewal-scorecard-whats-coming-back-whats-getting-axed-whats-on-the-bubble/

For the most part, the year looks pretty steady. All the really good stuff is all but guaranteed to come back on most of the major networks. NBC is the only one that's looking like it is having some trouble keeping anything around. Which means that die hard NBC fans like me are once again facing the same question that we faced at this time last year. Will Community and Chuck be back next season?

In all honesty, I'm ready to let Chuck go. It's had a good run, and I'll be the first to admit I'm still greatly enjoying it and would keep watching it for years, but I can also admit that it's going down hill. Seriously, if the show had ended with Casey's famous line, "Oh Chuck me!" I could have been happy. And we got another two full seasons after that! Let it go Chucksters, before it falls apart anymore than it already has. Chuck is impossibly invincible, Linda Hamilton isn't all she was cracked up to be as a spy or as a mother, Timothy Dalton won't be around much longer, and while Yvonne is still gorgeous and Adam Baldwin is still a badass with manly grunts to accent his every line, those aren't enough to keep a show on its feet. I fear (and readily accept) that this year will bring the end for the intersect.

As for Community: I in no way intend to leave the BEST comedy on television to its fate. Facebook/Twitter campaigns, here I come. Now I just need to come up with a catchy fan-rallying slogan. "Save our Study Group" seems too boring to be in keeping with the tone of the show and "Gaggles for Greendale" is a little bit more ridiculous, but I run into the same general problem. Maybe Dan Harmon will help me come up with some good ideas.

Note to self: Befriend Dan Harmon....

It's a work in progress. I'll let you know what I come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disagree with anything? Agree with anything? Just want to say "neat-o!" ? Well post a comment!