Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Time to Catch Up

So. Some of my more devoted non-existent followers may have noticed that there was a gap of almost 4 months between recent postings. There is a two-fold reason for this. The first is that I got a job and became somewhat more busy. The second is that I am lazy. I figured that since I didn't have a rabid fan base begging me for further commentary, I had no reason to write anymore. Of course, that's just stupid, also for a two fold reason. First, I wrote the first post knowing I had no readers, so why should I let it start to bother me now? Second, I've always been an internally motivated individual, so why should I let myself bow to the evils (or so my ND Business classes all seemed to teach me) of external motivation? Answers to both: I shouldn't.

Solution: I have decided that as an exercise for my own sanity, I will try to write a daily addition to this blog, at least until the spring season of television ends. Mostly it will be a personal challenge just to see if I can pull it off. The rough schedule will look something like this, based on the shows I enjoy watching enough to comment on.

Monday: Castle or Chuck, and in extreme rarity, How I Met Your Mother
Tuesday: White Collar, Raising Hope, or if I've got a real bone to pick, Glee
Wednesday: Castle or Chuck, whichever I didn't get around to on Monday
Thursday: Community or Big Bang Theory. Also, let me get this out of the way right now. I don't like 30 Rock. There I said it. Those of you who are going to anyway, you may as well just abandon me now. Go ahead, I'll wait.




Alright, moving on.
Friday: White Collar or Raising Hope, whichever I didn't get around to on Tuesday
Saturday: Nothing happens in television on Saturdays, so I'll have to come up with something interesting to fill this space with. Maybe I'll just post a sudoku puzzle or something.
Sunday: Stuff happens here, but I don't really follow any of it. Maybe I'll go with Family Guy.

OK, yeah I agree, looks like my non-existent readers can pretty much sleep through the weekend without missing anything epic from me. But the weekdays should be interesting at least.

To give you a hint of what's to come, here's a list of upcoming topics I already know I'm going to be writing:
Glee's Genre Gap: Drama or Satire? Choose a Side!
30 Rock in 3D: An examination of character sustainability.
What White Collar Could Do During Eventual Episodes
         (This one doesn't get a subtopic, the Alliteration is Awesome enough to Stand Solo... ok now I'm forcing it)
Believing the Big Bang Theory: Why the Laugh Track Works
Castle's Keep: Finding a Comfortable Niche in a Season of Cop Dramas
Oh! Is That a Cat?: Family Guy is Directly Responsible for Rising ADD Diagnoses in America
That last one isn't a topic, I just got distracted by a cutaway flash back to that time I got a job working as Hermione Granger's Image Consultant.



As my good buddy Dan Harmon said: See you all in the ratings, I mean morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disagree with anything? Agree with anything? Just want to say "neat-o!" ? Well post a comment!