Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Spoilers (No Spoilers Present)

There are two reasons I am different than professional television critics, and neither of them are quality of opinions or caliber of writing. The only differences between me and professional critics are as follows. One, I do not get paid to write these blogs that you read. Two, I do not receive episode screeners from the networks to review the day before a show airs.

Why do I bring this up now? Because this week I find myself without access to cable television. Which means I am stuck watching all my favorite shows on Hulu, if they have a reasonable licencing contract, or on DVR at the end of the week if they don't. I would much rather have a screener copy just be delivered to my door. That would be nice.

Why am I telling you all this? Because White Collar falls into that second category. I will not be able to watch this week's episode, the season finale no less, until Thursday evening. Tragic? Yes. So here's my request, my plea, to my readers. I know you will be tempted to talk to me about the season finale airing tomorrow night. You will want to flock to my blog in record numbers and comment on my in depth review of the episode and Season 2 as a whole. You will want to discuss the finer points of Vincent Adler's plot against Neal and Peter's make out session with Sara and what it means for Kate in the end. You will want to talk to me about this episode.... Don't.

You can feel free to talk about Chuck, Raising Hope or How I Met Your Mother, or even the season finale of Greek. Spoil those for me all you want. But please, for the love of all that is sacred in television (and the list isnt' long, but White Collar is at the top), don't spoil this one for me.

On a related note, Jeff, I will not be reading any comments from you or your wifey until Thursday evening. Just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disagree with anything? Agree with anything? Just want to say "neat-o!" ? Well post a comment!