Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Twitter and Paleyfest

For those of you who don't know, Paleyfest is a huge television convention in California. Basically each day is devoted to a different show for two weeks. Each night there is a panel involving the stars and certain creative minds behind the shows for fans and television critics to ask questions. Tonight is True Blood night.

Now something you have to know about me is that I follow a lot of esteemed television critics on Twitter. It's how I get a lot of my background information. These critics are the source of my anticipation of upcoming television events (like no Community this week, or the one-hour Community paint ball episode season finale). They are also the source of my disappointment when I expect too much from any show on a given week. Overall, the pluses outweigh the minuses and I enjoy following these people on Twitter because I like comparing my ideas to theirs every time I read one of their reviews.

Now combine the two. All of these critics that I follow are at Paleyfest right now. Several of these critics (if not all of them) are live tweeting via cellphone from their seats at the panel. The result is that my Twitter feed has been constantly flowing with tweets about a show about vampires that I have no interest in. I don't want to "Unfollow" these people, because 98% of the time I appreciate the things they have to say. But today, they have forced me to abandon Twitter to maintain my sanity.

If I read one more tweet about how Sooki and X, Y, or Z vampire lover will or will not have plot lines next year, I swear I might stake someone through the heart, Buffy style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disagree with anything? Agree with anything? Just want to say "neat-o!" ? Well post a comment!