Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Week in Review

Monday:
Castle: A > Excellent conclusion to the two parter. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Castle has TV's best romance because the whole show is about the romance without relying on it to tell the story. Brilliant.
Mother: C+ > Why does this comedy insist on ending recent episodes with horribly depressing moments? Comedy means happy ending. Any freshman high school student can tell you that. Also, as much as I like Zoe, we already know she's not the mother. Granted, Ted is a better character when he's in a relationship, and Mother just got signed on for another two seasons, so the writers have a lot of time to fill. And like I said, I like Zoe, so I'll accept her presence for a few more episodes.
Chuck: B+ > Like I said before, there were moments this week that felt very old school Chuck. Plus I'm digging the Morgan and Casey as roommates sub-plot. I'm not liking the set up for the next Volkoff though. Chuck does just fine battling elusive entities (like Fulcrum and The Ring). There's no need to bring in new semi-regular characters to the spy world. They've already got too many to follow. How many times have we seen Jeff and Lester this year?

Tuesday:
Raising Hope: A- > We need more Virginia/Sabrina story lines. Those two are hilarious together. And who knew that it was possible to make fart jokes sentimental?
White Collar: B+ > The show that can do no wrong started weak. It got much better once Brooke was off the screen, but it couldn't fully recover from a casting mistake. 
Glee: A+ > There wasn't one.

Wednesday: 
Modern Family: B- > Rather underwhelming. I tried to write a piece on it earlier this week and just couldn't find enough to say. There really wasn't anything wrong with the episode though. It made me laugh, which is what it is supposed to do. 
Mr. Sunshine: C- > Looks like ABC scheduled this show right. I keep watching it because it's on after Modern Family and Matthew Perry catches my eye before I can change the channel. Otherwise I'm not sure I'd be watching it. The distribution of Ben's flash cards and the racist frat house B-plot were both depressingly predictable. I think I smiled a couple of times during the episode though. 

Thursday:
Was there anything new on any network?

Friday: 
Fringe: C > No new episode, but I felt like commenting anyway. I'm sick of the Peter/Olivia/Fauxliva love triangle. I really don't care. I watched Fringe from the beginning because of the Sci-Fi intrigue. Now they've made me groan every time they show me the other universe because I know it's going to have something to do with a baby I care nothing about.

All in all the week got off to a good start but just couldn't keep it up into and through the Wednesday hump. 

Any opinions on any of these shows? Or any others I didn't watch? Let me know in the comments section. I'd be happy to discuss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disagree with anything? Agree with anything? Just want to say "neat-o!" ? Well post a comment!