Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Seattle Preview Screening

The benefits of using Twitter are pretty constant if you follow the right people. You get to read news as it's happening, from anywhere in the world. You get to share opinions on your favorite topics, like television or theatrical arts. And you get to hear about events in your area that you would never have known where happening.

Like this one:
http://suburgatory.eventbrite.com/

I just saw one of the television critics I follow tweet a link to this event with a simple description of "Seattle Preview Screening." In that tiny description were three words that interested me greatly. Now, I'll be going tomorrow to watch a show I have barely heard anything about with other fans of television. Hopefully some of them will be fans of tv with a level of obsession that mirrors my own. It would be nice to meet some people in my city with my same passion for the screen. The show might be awful, or brilliant, I'm really not sure, but I'm looking forward to watching it all the same. That's the beauty of fall premieres. You  never know what you're going to get!

If you're in the Seattle area, sign up for a ticket, and let me know that you're coming. I'd love to see/meet you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disagree with anything? Agree with anything? Just want to say "neat-o!" ? Well post a comment!