Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Critics and Community

Both of these articles are excellent. I highly recommend reading them.

This first article compares Glee and Community with the eye of a dispassionate observer. Of course, from the way I found myself agreeing with most of his points, I'm willing to bet he's on the Community side of the fence he just built. UPDATE: After talking with the author last night on Twitter (this website is doing more to flatten the world of modern media than Facebook ever did) I've confirmed what I thought. He's a Community fan first, and a casual observer of Glee for the purpose of his weekly reviews. Find the article here.

This article is by one of Community's rare critical detractors. He's not a fan, but he hasn't been able to figure out why. He thinks he's finally got the answer. Check it out here.

I actually agree with the factual information in both articles almost without exception. Their interpretations of those facts, especially in the second article, aren't necessarily dead on, but they're interesting at the least.

To those of you who find me tolerable to follow, these articles are definitely worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disagree with anything? Agree with anything? Just want to say "neat-o!" ? Well post a comment!