Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Rerelease

When I first created this site, I didn't really have a good sense of what it was going to be or where I wanted to take it. Since I've started doing my daily post self-challenge, I have given the blog's intention a lot more thought. It has become a place for me to talk about both the stories I love, and why I enjoy them, and the stories I don't, and what irks me about them.

With the reexamined purpose in mind, I've made a couple of minor surface changes to the design of the blog to try to reflect what's inside a little more.

I arbitrarily changed the title to one that I liked better. Essentially, "Three Letter Acronyms" was mildly clever, but it didn't mean anything at the casual glance. You had to actually look at the blog to understand that it had anything to do with television. I'm hoping that the new title helps correct that a little bit. Also, "Network Reprogramming" was always a part of this blog, and when I replaced it as my signature with my name, I was sad to see it go. Now I'm glad to have it back.

After I changed the title, I had to change the subtitle description to match, so I stole a line from last night's introspective post, and made it work.

Then I changed the layout of that side a little >>> to play up the archive of old posts and highlight the available content a little more.

Then, to top it all off, I took the last half of my "Why Television?" post and made it its own page up at the top. I figured it served kind of as an "about the blog" kind of page.

I also considered changing the overall page design to a more standard white background with black text, but I couldn't find a pre-designed template that I liked with that color scheme. I'll keep working on it though, so don't be surprised if you take a look at a page one day and the blog looks entirely different.

2 comments:

  1. I like your colour scheme. It fits the idea of reviewing TV. Scripts and pitches and everything that comes before the show airs is black text on a white background. So, to me, it makes sense that when talking about the show afterwards to have white text on a black background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your logic. Although, almost all documents of any kind are white with black text, it isn't really television specific. But I'll accept your logic as a reason to keep the color scheme for now, mainly because I'm too busy to come up with a solid retort.

    ReplyDelete

Disagree with anything? Agree with anything? Just want to say "neat-o!" ? Well post a comment!